Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bentley Reunion

Last Decemeber, the Petersons and the David Wilson family met in St George for a few days and I (Kara) wondered if there were any family  history sites we could visit while we were there.  I was sure there must be something, but I didn't know how to find it.

Turns out there's a lot of our history remaining in St George! At the Bentley Reunion we visited the:
  • Isreal Ivins Home
  • Richard Bentley Home
  • Joseph C. Bentley Home
  • Gravesites of Israel and Julia Hill Ivins and Richard and Elizabeth Price Bentley
  • First encampment memorial with a statue of Israel Ivins
  • Pine Valley Chapel/school house where Margaret McKean Ivins taught school
  • Telegraph office where Joseph C. Bentley worked
In the next few weeks, (before I forget) I will share a little about each of these sites and information about getting there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;